It is time for you to take your cat to the vet for the much needed spaying or neutering. Even though it is routine for pet hospitals, it is still surgery.
After their surgery your cat will need your love and attention to help them have a speedy recovery. Here are some tips to help you get through this process easier.
1. Comfort- Make sure you keep cat comfortable and warm. Before you pick up your cat from the vet’s office get their cat box or basket ready with extra blankets for added comfort and cushioning.
Also drive a private car to pick them up; using public transportation may be too stressful for your cat to handle in their groggy state.
2. Let them free- When you get home open the cat box and let your cat free. Don’t force them out of the box; they will come out on their own. Also keep other animals or even small children away from your cat; especially if they are known to be a little rough with each other.
3. No food- Most vets will recommend that you do not feed your cat when you first get home. Usually, they don’t want them fed for 8 hours after. If they are fed they are more likely to vomit.
4. Let your cat rest- Do not wake them up to play; they will eventually wake up and they will let you know when they are ready to socialize.
5. Love them-When they do wake up, give them the love and attention they need while recovering.